Re: Default size for fonts in X?

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:15:52 +0000
Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:

> However, I had a helpful suggestion from someone on alt.os.slackware,
> viz to do startx -- -dpi 110 (or whatever). Should have thought of
> this myself, I suppose...

Dear Anthony,

I also saw that suggestion on alt.os.slackware, and it's great - I've
been using it. Hats off to the person who made the original suggestion.

You can also expand on it a little bit just to make things more slick.
For one thing, to avoid typing those parameters every time, you can make
it into an alias (put in .bashrc file):

alias startx='startx -- -dpi 110'

If you (or any user on your system) finds that typing "startx" is too
traumatic, you can get rid of gdm login (not a bad idea in itself) and
put the "startx -- -dpi 110" command in your/their .bash_profile.

regards,
Robert