Printing kills me

Anyone ever have this problem:

I'll print everynow and then to a network printer which is directly
connected to a Windows Laptop and it work with out a problem for number
of times.   But sometimes, the printjob won't go through.. and the worst
part is that my hard drive will get full and I won't be able to write to
the disk.  I've tried looking in various spool directories, but I don't
find anything suspicious.  I eventually have to reboot and the problem
goes a way.

Oh .. btw - the linux box I'm referring to above is running Woody 3.0r1
acting as a typical router/webserver/sambaserver/firewall.

-dave