Re: Is Evolution available for net-installation

on Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 11:28:34PM +0800, Stephen Liu (satimis@icare.com.hk) wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am prepared to install Ximian Evolution but could not find it
> available for net-installation
>
> # apt-cache search Ximian Evolutuon
> # apt-cache search Evolution

    $ apt-cache show evolution
    Package: evolution
    Section: mail
    Installed-Size: 25108
    Maintainer: Takuo KITAME <kitame@northeye.org>
    Architecture: i386
    Version: 1.0.5-1
    Replaces: evolution-ssl, evolution-dev
    Provides: evolution-ssl, mail-reader, imap-client
    Depends: gtkhtml (>= 1.0.0), libcamel0 (= 1.0.5-1), bonobo (>= 1.0.20),...
    Suggests: gnupg, gnome-spell
    Conflicts: evolution-ssl, evolution-dev
    Filename: pool/main/e/evolution/evolution_1.0.5-1_i386.deb
    Size: 8923148
    MD5sum: adf340b851d35da121ebc31b141e962f
     Evolution is the integrated mail, calendar and address book
     distributed suite from Ximian, Inc.
     .
     See http://www.ximian.com/products/ximian_evolution/index.html for more
     information.

> could not find it.  Kindly advise whether its latest version is
> available for net-installation.  OR I have to download its tarball from
> Ximian website.

What debian release are you using?  I'm on testing/unstable.
Double-check your /etc/apt/sources.list file, and try running 'atp-get
update' again.

Peace.

    "You don't have to pretend to be interested in me you know," said
    Marvin at last, "I know perfectly well I'm only a menial robot."
    -- HHGTG