Re: Defining a group of addresses, sending mail to all , mutt

Incoming from Monique Y. Herman:
> On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 at 19:53 GMT, s. keeling penned:
> > Incoming from Monique Y. Herman:
> >>
> >> (If you're not sure if you want to hide recipients or not, you do.  I
> >> can almost guarantee that at least one of your recipients will not
> >> appreciate having their email address spread to other people without
> >
> > This is especially true for all the nitwits relying on hiding,
>
> Not sure what you're getting at, but if you're trying to suggest that
> I'm such a munger: my posting address is legit.

No, I was really thinking of all those people who run from one
throwaway account to the next, and ripping their hair out when some
industrious spammer manages to find their _real_ email address to spam
them.

My thought is, if you're going to hide your email address from
spammers, how are you ever going to get the chance to kill their
account?!?  :-)

> I was more thinking of cases like: Bob sends an email to all of his

Perfectly legitimate and understandable.  Only a few years ago, I had
to crawl up and down the admins at a local University for posting real
information (ph. no., dorm room, ...) in "finger" output!  Wouldn't
some creep love to have that kind of info at his fingertips?

- -