Re: Defining a group of addresses, sending mail to all , mutt

on Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 08:50:18AM -0600, Jeffrey L. Taylor (jeff@austinblues.dyndns.org) wrote:
> Quoting Antonio Rodr <arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com>:
> > I want to define a group of addresses as a set to which I can refer with
> > a single name call, to send mail to. What's the best way to do it?
> > Setting a forward rule in .procmailrc would probably work, but since I
> > use smarthost it seems to me a somewhat around the barn way.
> >

> In your aliases file, just put something like this.
>
> alias user1	user1@example.com
> alias user2	user2@widgets.net
>
> alias group	user1, user2
>
> Alias expansion in mutt is recursive.

Possibly better:  use /etc/aliases.

Your mutt aliases will expand to all users in the alias.   An MTA alias
is treated as a single recipient address, but is delivered to all
recipients.  Particularly helpful if you don't want to advertise members
of the alias to one another.

Or use a mailing list system (mailman, etc).

Peace.

   GNU/Linux & BSD:  We *are* the way out.
     http://www.wehadthewayout.com/