Re: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 in Debian Sarge

Scott C. Linnenbringer wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2003, at 13:46 +0100, Axel Burwitz wrote:
>
>> allright, then I will try that !
>> May I contact you via email if I have problems to do same you did ?
>
> Just reply on-list, I'll see it. And if you reply to the list, someone
> else might be able to help you, too.
>
> The process is rather simple: just read the README in the emu10k1-cvs
> archive, and make sure you have the kernel headers/source for your
> kernel. Otherwise it's a straight compile, install and then module load.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=44773

Hmm...

after downloading CVS-1.11 in order to get access to cvs archives and my try
to ./configure, it results in:

debian-sarge:/home/axel/packages/cvs-1.11# ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for prefix by checking for cvs... /usr/bin/cvs
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
debian-sarge:/home/axel/packages/cvs-1.11

Have no idea what THAT means..

rgds
Axel