Re: floating screen

* Robert Storey (y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net) [031222 18:14]:

> > If that's what you really want, you can edit your XF86Config file (or
> > use 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86') to not use higher-resolution
> > higher-resolution displays.
>
> Another thing that will give you big fonts sizes in your menus only
> (like the Mozilla menus, for example) is to start X this way (note:
> doesn't work if you use GDM/KDM/XDM to start X):
>
>   startx -- -dpi 10

Similarly, you can specify your display's size using a DisplaySize
statement in your monitor config in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.  Then X can
calculate the actual screen resolution (e.g. 85dpi), and render fonts
(and other things) appropriately.  So that way, no matter what
dimensions you choose, it will always display 12pt as 1/6 in, and
viewing a document t "100%" zoom will actually be actual size.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/