Re: Window Manager selection

	Please follow RFC 1855.

Em Ter, 2003-12-23 às 13:17, D Hoyem escreveu:

> When I did the startx

	You probably should use gdm.

> I found that I was in gnome 2.4 and Window Maker wasn't up and running.

	Open some terminal emulator, run 'killall metacity; windowmaker &'.
Then exit Gnome saving your session.  That should do it.

	Perhaps you will need first to open the gnome-session-manager and turn
off the window manager restart option.

	Also it is good to 'update-alternatives --config x-window-manager' to
choose WM as a default.

	And file a wish list bug in Gnome 2.4 for a window manager switcher
applet.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <ldutra@prefeitura.sp.gov.br>
Prefeitura do Município de São Paulo dos Campos de Piratininga