Re: OT: Philosphical; Gnome 1.x ugly (was: Re: Woody with Gnome2.4 Backport or Sarge?)

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:01:39 -0700, s. keeling wrote:

> Incoming from M. Kirchhoff:
>>
>> A friend of mine is interested in migrating from WinXP to Debian. I
>> suggested that Woody is ideal for the most secure, stable environment,
>> but he balked at the ugly Gnome1.x.

How subjective is this world ! For me the last Gnome 1.4 with a lot
of config, I agree, was the nicest desktop I ever had (Sawfish,
etc.). To me Gnome 2.4 needs even more tweaking to be at par with
that. But since it's deprecated and doesn't support newer apps, I
just left it for xfce4.

> What a bizarre world this has turned out to be.

And subjective; see above. Still OT.