EXIM4 - remote_smtp delivery to user@local.domain - SOLVED!

Hi

This may be obvious to many but I found a dearth of information on how
to deal with my situtation and I thought that my fix may be of some help
to some other desperate soul like myself.  It took me a while to crack
this:

Scenario:  I have a local domain, clivemenzies.co.uk, for which I have two
POP3 accounts: clive@clivemenzies anything@clivemenzies.co.uk.  I also
have two other POP3 accounts for two other domains which are treated as
local; for the purpose of this discussion I will ignore these but the fix
applies to these as well.

My partner is partner@clivemenzies.co.uk and retrieves her mail via a
POP3 account.

Problem: How do I send messages to my partner?  The default "smarthost"
setup only delivers remote_smtp mail where the domain is not a local
domain.

Solution: I added a router to the file:
/etc/exim4/conf.d/router/900_exim4-config_local_user

### router/900_exim4-config_local_user
#################################

local_user:
  debug_print = "R: local_user for $local_part@$domain"
  driver = accept
  check_local_user
  local_parts = ! root
  transport = LOCAL_DELIVERY

### This is to deal with non_local_users@local_domains

internet:
    driver = manualroute
    domains = +local_domains
    transport = remote_smtp
    route_list = * smtp.my.isp

If there is no local user, this router passes it to the remote_smtp
transport.  It works here ;)

YMMV

Regards

Clive