Re: QuickTime for Linux?

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 02:25:39PM +0800, csj wrote:
> On 20. December 2003 at 12:56AM -0800,
> Scarletdown <gsutton9503@charter.net> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Thanks.  MPlayer installed fine.  Now I need to figure out how
> > to install additional codecs for it.

You can go to the mplayer site and download the file. You then just
drop them into the directory and they are accessed next time mplayer is
run, at list its worked for me. (its /usr/lib/win32 under debian).
There is an /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf file but I don't think you
actually need it to use the codecs but I don't know (like I said, just
dropping the new ones from the mplayer site worked for me, but maybe
they already appeared there and only the files were missing).
It looks from the files in my directory that it may be able to use the
win32 dlls but you'll have to check that out.