Re: dpkg -l output

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 02:56:10PM -0500, Rick Pasotto <rick@niof.net> wrote:
> When I do 'dpkg -l' now all I get back are installed packages. I used
> to have to grep for an initial 'i' to get just those. How do I see *all*
> available packages?
 Hmmm. It's not that easy, but you can check the *Packages files under
/var/lib/apt/lists , for example
security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_main_binary-i386_Packages
contains all the security updates available from security.debian.org
But I think it's better if you search after you may want:
apt-cache search foo-bar
and check the results with:
apt-cache show foo-bar

> --
[...]
If possible, please use shorter signatures, maximum three lines length.
Thanks,
GCS