Re: which driver for onboard ethernet controller on Dell Diemnsion 8300 ??

Hello,

have a look to www.tuxmobil.org :
you may find web page of people which had tried to install
Linux on their Dell: they may give the informationyou want
on their web page.
Otherwhise try google: Dell Inspiron 8300  Linux Debian

Hope that helps,
Jerome

Axel Burwitz wrote:
Hi,

I installed , for my first Debian try, Debian Sarge from the "LinuxUser"
magazine's DVD. After some hurldles it worked but:
did'nt configure any network card, eth0 etc.
When I try to configure with modconf from the debian KDE set, I don't know
which driver to choose, and try-and-error with this long list of drivers
doesn't make sense...

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 with a ethernet controller onboard, and the
system info tool in kde detects:
"Ethernet controller : Intel Corp.: Unknown device 1050 (rev02)
 Subsystem : Dell Computer Corp. Unknown device 0157"

?

Can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance

Axel