Re: Problem with swiss-german on testing / unstable

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:38:19 +0100, Urs Schroffenegger wrote:

> What are you using to configure the keyboard under X  ? I encountered
> your problem once, I'm using testing / unstable with a swiss-french
> layout, configuring through  "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" with XKB
> rule set to XFree86 and keyboard layout fr_CH (swiss-german would be
> sg_CH) and without keyboard options nor variants solved it.

Thanks for the answer. It's me stupid and GNU/Linux/Debian inconsistent.
For the boottime-config (install-keymap), the correct layout is "sg".
For X, however, sg produces exactly that halfbrew sg (qwertz, Umlaute),
but without Alt Gr.
For X, as you indicated, "sg" must *not* be. It has to be "de_CH" here.

This defies logic, especially since "sg" in X does almost what it should;
but that's what the world happens to be at times.

Thanks again !