Re: Start Xserver problem (Solved)

Hi David, Doug, and folks,

Thanks for your advice.

Problem solved
#cat /etc/X11/XF86config-4
Monitor "AcerView 34T"
VideoRam "32768"
driver  "nv"

xserver now starts running on 1024x768/800x600 resolution with colour
depth=24(32)bits.  KDE-3.1.1 is now displayed.

The only mistakes I made previously was entering "AcerView 34T uvga" and
"VideoRam 32".  Debian did not recognize it.  Monitor entry must be
"AcerView 34T"

GNOME still could not start.  Anyway I will make another clean
net-installation again after solving the problem re 'cut-off' from
Internet (ISP connected).  Thereafter I will download the driver from
ftp to download.nvidia.com

Thanks again and Merry X'Mas

B.R.
Stephen