Re: can't get screen to work for XFree86 in Debian

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 15:04, Ashley Hinton wrote:
> I'm installing Debian 3.0 r.2 from CD, but am unable to get XFree86 to
> work. When I try to run X it says the computer can't find any screens.
>
> I'm using an NVIDIA GeFORCE 4MX video card into a 17" monitor.

You need to install the Official Nvidia drivers, as the version of
XFree86 in Woody does not support the GeForce 4MX.

Mark

also install the kernel-source for the currently running kernel, compile
the Nvidia drivers against this and make sure that:

Load "glx"
Driver "nvidia"

is listed in your /etc/X11/XF86Config file.

i.e.

Section "Module"
	Load "glx"
	other modules to load.....