Re: Filtering emails in ~/Maildir

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 11:36, demslh wrote:
> I've jsut setup a Debian unstable box as an email server. It uses
> fetchmail to pull emails from several different pop3 accounts, which
> passes the emails to exim4, which dumps them in ~/Maildir
> I then pick up the emails using courier-imap server and an imap client.

I would recommend using stable+backports for any internet-facing server,
otherwise, keeping up-to-date and unbroken can be a PITA

> What i want to do now is filter the emails in the maildir into different
> folders.
> For instance:
> i want anything from debian-user@lists.debian.org to go into
> inbox/debian-user
> anything from my local LUG, to go in the inbox/lug folder, and so on.

I have a pretty similar setup. I use procmail to sort my messages, and
use (among others) the following rules.

~/.procmailrc:

MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR

:0

You shouldn't need to do anything other than install procmail and add
those rules, exim should be setup by default to use procmail for any
account with a .procmail file in the homedir.
--
Mark Roach