XF86 problem for Ashley

Hi Ashley,
I just went through this this morning with a Riva TNT card.
The fix for me was at the root command prompt to run nano (text editor) then ctl R to read file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and remove the line that says "FB ????" "true".  I can't remember off hand but it has to do with a framebuffer.  I remmed it with a # one time and that didn't work so I deleted it the next time and it worked.  Not sure why.  Anyhow, save the file and it should work.  It did for me this morning.

Now I need to figure out how to use my D-link router.
Jeff