Re: DVD Questions

hi ya scarletdown

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Scarletdown wrote:

> The DVD drive did have a DVD in it.  However, for some strange reason,
> the system is trying to mount the CD-RW drive instead of the DVD drive.
>   What do I need to change so the system sees the CD-RW drive as
> /dev/cdrom and the DVD drive as /dev/dvd instead of CD-RW as /dev/dvd
> and DVD as /dev/cdrom1?

if your cdrom is on /dev/hdc  and your dvd is on /dev/hdd

cd /dev
rm -f /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd

ln -s ./hdc cdrom
ln -s ./hdd dvd

ln -s ./scd0 cdrw
ln -s ./sr1 dvdrw

if you dont know which drive is connected to what, look at the bios
during boot up

> Here's something weird that I just now discovered...
>
> The DVD drive is being seen as /dev/sr1 instead of /dev/dvd.  So doing a
> mount /dev/sr1 /dvd -t udf, I was able to mount the drive.  Then I
> changed mplayer to look to /dev/sr1 as the DVD device, and it worked.

yup ... if it like sr1 instead

> >>/dev/hda1 /mnt/sunblossom/winsys vfat ro,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
> >>/dev/hda5 /mnt/sunblossom/win-native vfat ro,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
> >>/dev/hda6 /mnt/sunblossom/workspace vfat users,exec,umask=000 0 0
> >>/dev/hda7 /mnt/sunblossom/media vfat users,exec,umask=000 0 0
> >

> > i think you want no-exec on the windoze partitons..
> > 	you dont want to be running linux apps sitting on windoze boxes ??
> > 	mask seems whacky too ...  making everthing on windoze 777 as far
> > 	as linux is concerned...
>
> I'm keeping them that way for the time being because I plan on trying
> out WINE soon, so they need to be executable (if I'm understanding the
> exec property correctly.)

cracker heaven if they find your windoze box

c ya
alvin