Re: DVD Questions

Alvin Oga wrote:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Scarletdown wrote:

mount /dev/dvd /dvd -t udf
mount: block device /dev/dvd is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: No medium found

..thats true if the dvd drive doesnt have a dvd in it

The DVD drive did have a DVD in it. However, for some strange reason, the system is trying to mount the CD-RW drive instead of the DVD drive. What do I need to change so the system sees the CD-RW drive as /dev/cdrom and the DVD drive as /dev/dvd instead of CD-RW as /dev/dvd and DVD as /dev/cdrom1?

Here's something weird that I just now discovered...

The DVD drive is being seen as /dev/sr1 instead of /dev/dvd. So doing a mount /dev/sr1 /dvd -t udf, I was able to mount the drive. Then I changed mplayer to look to /dev/sr1 as the DVD device, and it worked.

/dev/hda1 /mnt/sunblossom/winsys vfat ro,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
/dev/hda5 /mnt/sunblossom/win-native vfat ro,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
/dev/hda6 /mnt/sunblossom/workspace vfat users,exec,umask=000 0 0
/dev/hda7 /mnt/sunblossom/media vfat users,exec,umask=000 0 0

i think you want no-exec on the windoze partitons..
	you dont want to be running linux apps sitting on windoze boxes ??
	mask seems whacky too ...  making everthing on windoze 777 as far
	as linux is concerned...

I'm keeping them that way for the time being because I plan on trying out WINE soon, so they need to be executable (if I'm understanding the exec property correctly.)