Re: black screen

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 06:02, Rus Foster wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Prison Monkey wrote:
>
> > i want to install woody on my 7200/90. i've installed debian before on older
> > machines without troubles.
> >
> > when linux is booted (through BootX), you get the normal startup messages
> > and text flying at you. when it comes time for the installer to launch,
> > however, my screen gets drawn black, and then nothing happens after that.
> >

> Hi,
> It sort of sound like the frame buffer. Try booting with vga=normal

VGA options are of no help on PowerMacs.

Woody is fairly old, though I'd expect it to work on those older
machines too ;) What are the startup messages exactly ? The Linux
ones or the MacOS/BootX ones ? (Note that I think debian ships
an outdated BootX).

Eventually try setting or clearing if it was set, the
"no video driver" option in BootX

Ben.