Re: IP to www

* Gruessle (debian@orces.com) [031219 13:03]:

> From: Rus Foster [mailto:rghf@fsck.me.uk]
> > >
> > > That might be the problem how do I check that?
> > >
> > > (To Rus: Sorry for sending this at first direct to your
> > email address
> > > Rus)
> >
> > Just try putting http://192.168.254.254 in a browser
> >
> > Rus
> >

> Like I sad that just takes me to my router but this
> http://192.168.254.225 takes me to the Debian Apache page.

That's good.  (I suspect that Rus meant .225, not .254, in his previous
message.)

Anyway, for one of these "cable/DSL routers" doing NAT (not proxying)
you won't be able to see the NAT effects from the LAN.  Have you tried
accessing it externally?

http://68.68.202.34/ doesn't work for me.  Of course, neither does a
ping to that address, or a tracepath.  Are you sure that's your address?
Any other filtering going on there?

good times,
Vineet
--