Re: kill mozilla after idle time

* Daniel Gall (gall@epost.de) [031219 11:13]:
> Hi there,
>
> i´m not (yet) too familiar with linux but would like to exchange the os of
> several computers in our school from windows xp to linux (knoppix
> hd-install).
>
> Beforehand i want to make sure if (and how) i can accomplish that a program
> (i.e. Mozilla) will be killed after a certain idle time (no user activity)
> and will restart right after.

You could do this a few different ways.  One idea is to set it up as a
sort of kiosk, wherein you have a simple "Welcome, click here to
start"-type screen, and logging in just gets you a full-screen mozilla.
Couple that with an auto-logout program.

Or, you could probably do something like xscreensaver.  Set the screen
saver to some simple "Welcome" screen which also kills mozilla.  Mozilla
was originally started in an endless loop, and so restarts itself.  This
has the advantage that when the mouse is moved or any button pressed,
the welcome screen saver disappears and there's an already-running fresh
mozilla ready to use, instantly.

good times,
Vineet
--