Re: Where can I get a certain version of a package?

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 10:40:18AM +0100, Stefan Bellon wrote:
| I need an older version of a package. I read the man page of apt-get
| and it tells you that you can do
|
| # apt-get install package=version
|
| but it just tells me that the version is not available. How do I do it?

First off, is that version currently available?  Find out on
http://packages.debian.org or just browse the repository on your
favorite mirror (eg http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/).

If that version is available (note that only the current Woody, Sarge
and Sid versions are available, not every version ever uploaded) then
the problem is that you don't have that release in your sources.list.
How about providing some specifics about what is in your sources.list
and what package and version you are looking for and we'll give you
specifics on how to get it?

-D

--
 "Piracy is not a technological issue. It's a behavior issue."
                                                       --Steve Jobs