Re: Question about Jigdo

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:36, Kristian Niemi wrote:
> Just wondering: I started downloading the Debian (sid) cd's with Jigdo
> -- however, I wasn't fast enough. Now they've compiled new versions of
> the files.
>
> My question is: would there be "compatibility-problems" if mixing two
> different sets of cd's, i.e. a couple of cd's compiled 20031214, a few
> 20031218?
>
> No? Great.
> Yes? Just wasted eight cd's ...

You have never wasted the cds entirely with jigdo. You can use them for the
source of the next download cycle. Or better yet, if you have the iso's on
your hard drive you do it all quicker by mounting them through the loop
device. I've found that it pays to use all images as source all templates
because packages may be moved from one image to another to restrict the iso
sizes etc.

HTH
Bob