Re: dial-up to ethernet

mmissett wrote:

Apologies first if this if a very basic and/or stupid question, but I have not managed to find anything about it in the archives and documentation that seems to be working. I am running potato on a powerpc (Mac G4) and have just changed the computer from dial-up to cable internet. The connection to cable is via an ethernet wireless bridge. As far as I can judge, that connection *seems* to be up and running properly, but I don't seem to be able to access the internet over it. I have the feeling that I'm missing something really basic here, but I can't seem to figure out what it is.
 Any assistance would be *most* appreciated.

Mike

Can you ping/connect to your local router? Via name? via address? If by address but not name, suspect /etc/resolv.conf.

Are you getting a dhcp address or is it static? What's the output of ifconfig?

--
Kent