Re: HOWTO paste to dos

Carl Fink <carl@fink.to> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 08:32:25PM -0800, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
>
>> AFAIK/CT the copying happens automatically out of every app. I've had
>> reason to try (except pdf's, images, and the like, of course).
>
> Okay, I just checked with the only graphical app I had open,
> Mozilla-Firebird.  Highlighted text is NOT automatically copied.
>
> Nor in Abiword.
>
> Nor in Dillo.
>
> Perhaps you can name a graphical X program that does automatically copy text
> to the clipboard by highlighting it?

Mozilla does copy it, but to a different clipboard. It's not the
Control-V clipboard. It's the middle click (mouse-button-2)
clipboard. I'm not using the technical terms (because I'd have to look
them up), but that's the basic idea.

If for some reason your version of mozilla doesn't then check out
xterm :) Again remember middle click clipboard.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>
http://www.crasseux.com