Re: Compromised? (Was Re: hard disk access on every keystroke in console mode!)

Tim Connors wrote:

> When did it start happening for you?

The disks I used were from sarge iso images I got during the compromise. I
also got some more a few days ago and tried them. Same problem. All
checksums are fine. No rootkits that I can find. The system is not on a
network. (Only the minimal tcp and related stuff for X is installed.)

A funny thing about the same time is that my system that connects to the
internet (which doesn't have the keypress/diskaccess problem) is now
spending a long time bringing up every page I go to, kind of like it's
being routed through another computer or timing out on something.
Connection is now as slow as when I had dialup several years ago. I don't
know if there's a relation or not, but this is the computer that received
the iso image (but none were installed on this system). I can't find
anything on this system either. It only happens the first time I access any
internet page, or do initialize any ftp transfer. Actual download speeds
once I make the connection are unaffected.

For my paranoia indulgence:
        Will the fbi/cia people monitoring my system please get a faster computer.

If there is no such monitoring, please ignore this request, but get a
faster computer anyway. :)