Re: Installing Enigmail

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, James Hosken wrote:

> > $ su - <user>
> > # export DISPLAY=:0.0; xauth merge ~<user>/.Xauthority
> > # xfontsel &

Upon reading this again I see a possibility for confusion. The user you
"su" to in order to run that application is iof course not the same as
the user whose cookie you need to import (in other words the user that
can already use X apps). You probably understood this, but just to be
sure I mention it anyway (and for the benefit of those searching the
archives at a later moment in time).

> Thanks that has seamed to have worked.

Glad to hear it.

> I then started Mozilla as root to complete the install.
> Then started as mornal user but it fails "Failed to initialise Enigmail"
> I have entered the path for gpg as /usr/bin/gpg
>
> What's going wrong?

Not sure, but it could be a permissions problem. Is the user part of a
group that has access to the necessary files?

Another thing I seem to remember is that enigmail is quite picky when it
comes to using the correct version with mozilla or thunderbird. Did you
check you are using the version that is meant for your mozilla? See
mozdev.org for more info on that.

HTH

Grx HdV