Re: My email is rejected by some sites

interesting articles.

realisically, as i have some business domains on my server, i cannot
prevent users from receiving email from aol et. al. accounts. furthermore,
i have to use a friend's open relay as smarthost to get aol-bound
email off my server.

is there no other way to stop aol et. al. from blocking dynamic IPs?

At Tuesday, 16 December 2003, "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.
com> wrote:

>on Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 06:27:09PM -0800, Raquel Rice (raquel@thericehouse.

>net) wrote:
>
>> I have a block of static IPs.  I have the blessings of my provider.
>> I was even asked to stop using their servers as a "smart host".
>> Yet, my IP numbers are listed as being a range used as "Cable, DSL &
>> Dial Ups" and mail from my server is being blocked by those who use
>> SORBS.  I do everything I can to keep my server locked down and not
>> to be relayed through.  I even go test it once in awhile to make
>> sure there are no exploits open.  Blocking an IP range just without
>> knowing they are open relays or sending out spam is no better than
>> arresting a black man because the police officer has some idiot
>> belief that black men commit all crimes.
>
>Request your ISP remove your IPs from their residential/dynamic
IP list.

>The lists used by other providers to filter dynamic IPs are provided by
>the ISPs hosting those addresses.
>
>Alternatively, you may need to sign up for business service.
>
>You might consider retaliatory blocking as well.
>
>For background:
>
>  http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=96264
>  http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/04/13/2215207.shtml?tid=120
>  http://www.marketingwonk.com/archives/2003/08/27/aol_sued_for_blocking_email/