Re: Americas army

Paul William wrote:
Hi all

I downloaded and installed Americas army. When I run it I get the
following error:

open /dev/[sound/]dsp: Device or resource busy
GL_EXT_bgra not supported - bailing out.
History: Exiting due to error

I am running unstable with the official nvidia drivers. What can be done
to fix it?

Thanks

Paul

Kill esd (in GNOME) or aRts (in KDE) before starting it.  Conversely,
you can use a real man's WM, like WindowMaker, which doesn't have a need
for some silly sound server (good thing I am wearing asbestos underwear
;)

By official nVidia drivers, you mean the proprietary drivers?  What
model card do you have?  What entry shows up for GL_EXT_bgra when you
run glxinfo?

-Roberto