Re: My email is rejected by some sites

Debian User wrote:
maybe i missed something in a previous post... isn't it the purpose to soecify hosts you are allowing to relay w/ the host_accept_relay setting in exim.conf? this will allow you not to be an open relay eventhough you have a dynamic IP address.

I think what you missed is that more and more places will not allow you to then deliver mail to them (because you're on a dynamic IP range that they've received spam from). You can certainly run a mailserver on your dynamic IP, but you may have problems delivering things your users want to send to certain domains (and it probably won't get easier in the future).

	~c

--
if i top posted, i probably did it on purpose, and yes i know my lines might trail out the right end of your mail viewer/client (but only if you have an inadequate one)