Re: /usr/include/asm/mpspec.h

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 01:04:15AM +0530, Rajkumar S wrote:
> While investigating a compilation problem of samhain, I found that the
> /usr/include/asm/mpspec.h is totally different from what is provided by
> RH or the stock kernel.

It's from the 2.6 kernel, but that shouldn't matter because
/usr/include/asm is private to glibc. (In particular, it doesn't matter
that /usr/include/{asm,linux} is 2.6 while you're running 2.4.)
Userspace applications should never include <linux/*.h> or <asm/*.h>;
they should copy the bits of kernel interface they need instead. It's
not very nice, but it's what you have to do right now.

This is a bug in samhain.

That said, it could be worked around in linux-kernel-headers, so you
could file a lower-severity bug against that.

Cheers,