Re: is this the list for me?

Hello

James Miller (<jamtat@mailsnare.net>) wrote:

> I'm a fairly recent "convert" to Linux (been using it for about 2 yrs
> full time) who has finally settled on Debian as his distro of choice.
> I often need to ask some pretty stupid questions about setting up,
> using and administering Debian.  So, my first stupid question is: is
> this the right forum for someone like me?  Is there some other list,
> like maybe Debian-newbies or something like that, which might be more
> appropriate?

This list is the right place for you if you use Debian and have
questions about using it. However, please make sure that whenever you
have some "stupid" question, you take a look at the archive of the list
first. The probability is high that someone has asked your question
before you and even got an answer. You can read the archive at
lists.debian.org or groups.google.com (group linux.debian.user).

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen