Re: LISa (LAN Information Server) problems

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 11:56, Paul Johnson wrote:

> DO NOT HIJACK THREADS!  Start a new thread instead of replying to
> another thread if you have something unrelated to say.

 Sorry about. Thought changing the subject was all there was to it.
Did you fix it or am I still hijacking, and how do I tell (using kmail).

> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 11:34:19AM +0900, Doug du Boulay wrote:
> > The lisa daemon does not appear to be running.
> > In order to use the LAN Browser the lisa daemon must be installed and
> > activated by the system administrator
> >
> > but I know it`s running ...
>
> Have you checked to make sure it is?  It didn't die?  /etc/init.d/lisa
> start

the top command and the gentle scream of the cooling fan which stops when I
kill the process seem to suggest that it is.

Also I got some output from from konqueror which showed there was a SMB
share available on a LAN connected PC. It just couldnt access it .

thanks

Doug