Re: Debian installation trouble on server

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:29:20 +0100,
ads@fredz.org wrote in message
<[🔎] 6.0.1.1.2.20031215152914.022257b8@pop.1be.be>:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 06:10:07 +0100, Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> wrote:
>  >..2 basic ways: install Knoppix, edit /etc/apt/sources.list, then
>  >' apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade ', or, if you have 2 cd's
>  >or disk space, either use the 'tohd=/dev/your-disk", then eject the
>  >knoppix cd and put in a debian install cd (with the same kernel!!!),
>  >then start the terminal server.  I prefer to loop-mount the iso's,
>  >Knoppix Terminal Server is happy as long as you just point the
>  >install iso mountpoint to /cdrom, and use the same kernel.  ;-)
>
> Could you elaborate on that latest sentence? I don't get it... How
> should you do that?

..AFAIK, Knoppix Terminal(openMosix)server is designed to pass itself
on to clients, and the compressed Knoppix image is loopmounted onto
/cdrom.

..' mount -v -o,loop loopmountfile loopmountpoint ', details in
' man mount '.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: