Re: dosemu: access denied

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 11:44:04AM +0100, Boudewijn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed dosemu 1.0.2.1 into my Sarge system.
>
> Commands like dir work, but whenever I need disk access, for example
> C:\> md myprogs,                I get:
> C:\> md: access denied
>
> I do not understand where the C: drive is located, but root should
> surely have access.
> Shellscript /usr/bin/dosemu + executable /usr/bin/dosemu.bin are
> root:root and -rwxr-xr-x.

C is not a real drive it just contains the basic files needed to have
freedos funtion (command.com, ls.exe, etc.).

You can run dosemu -h or xdosemu -h to have it mount your home directory
as the d: drive. I do this and create a dos directory in my home directory
and store my dos stuff in there.

Hope that helps,
Bijan
--