Re: Info Problem

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 05:54:56PM -0500, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 11:41:27AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > You brilliantly miss the somewhat minor point that the info document
> > *isn't* a single page, readily searchable, and accessible via a single
> > command-line statement, by default, and that the user has to go through
> > several nontrivial steps (particularly for the novice or naive user) to
> > extract another, more useful, format.  I certainly went years without
> > knowing of such options.
>
> Cool well if the only problem is that you people like man format better
> than info format I think I've found a solution.

It's both the format and the style. Info documentation is written in a
fundamentally different way to man pages; I don't think you can
automatically translate from one to the other well.

(I already package info2man, which does a similar job, but it's really
very different from a high-quality man page.)

Cheers,