Re: Info Problem

on Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 11:17:04AM -0500, Bijan Soleymani (bijan@psq.com) wrote:
> "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>
> > What's wrong?  Info Sucks And Must Die.
> >
> > Old but good:
> >
> >     http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/InfoVsManpage
>
> Info may not be so great.

RTFL.  I cover this.

> But most Info files are generated from Texinfo sources. Texinfo is ok.

DocBook is far more standard.  Texinfo was a good idea at the time.
That time has passed.

> The only problem as I see it is that it's pretty difficult to use it
> for graphical applications. But other than that it's pretty nice. It
> converts to info, html, dvi, ps, pdf and is used for all those FSF
> books.

As does DocBook and man.  Deprecating man in favor of Info is _not_
acceptable.  Period.  Nor does it meet Debian policy.  I've spoken to
Brad Kuhn about this specifically.

> For example if you hate dealing with info

RTFL.

It's not just the reader.  It's the document structure.

Peace.

   KQED FM:  The bright spot on the dial:  http://www.kqed.org/fm/