Re: Spam? (was: Nyhedsbrevet Erhverv & Fritid (uge 50))

Nicos Gollan <gtdev@spearhead.de> writes:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 06:24:21 +0100
> "Nyhedsbasen.dk" <online@nyhedsbasen.dk> wrote:
>
> > Kære bruger!
> >
> > Der er netop udsendt en ny udgave af nyhedsbrevet ERHVERV & FRITID.
> >
> > Da du har valgt ikke at modtage det i HTML-format, sendes i stedet en
> > henvisning til hvor du kan se nyhedsbrevet i sin fulde udfoldelse:
> >
> > http://www.nyhedsbasen.dk/nyhedsbrev/erhvervfritid
> > [...]
>
> Is this spam?

Yes, and one of the most annoying forms of it, an announcement of a new
edition of a newsletter.

> I can normally recognize it in any language, but this one
> somehow eludes me.

For people that doesn't speak danish I suppose this is hard to recognize
as spam. I've included a quick translation of the above quoted lines
(except the URL) below, in case anybody wants to improve their skills at
recognizing danish spam.

> then again I would think it was very inefficient to spam in Danish for
> the relatively low number of people who understand it.

Spamming international mailing list in danish is probably very
inefficient.

----- translation begin -----
Dear user!

A new edition of the BUSINESS & SPARE TIME newsletter has just been posted.

As you have chosen not to receive it in HTML-format, a link is sent
instead to where you can see it in its full display.
----- translation end -----

.Henrik

--
Henrik Christian Grove