Re: Linux is not for consumers!

>>>>> "H" == H S <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com> writes:

    Isaac.> But very often the source code is very good part of the
    Isaac.> documentation, especially when the source code is written by
    Isaac.> competent programmers.

    H> uh huh, where are we going? I for a moment, while reading your above
    H> message, thought you meant that Human Genome is *not* written by a
    H> competent programmer! No, that can't be. I must have been mistaken.

Right, Human Genome is not written by programmers.  Genes are evolved, not
designed.  In contrast, a good programmer write code that will make sense
when it is being read, because they are the ones who need to read them the
most, and when they need to change them it is usually at a time when they
forget much of the program.  They will write it in a structure that reflect
the specification of the project, layered in a way that reflects how the
users will perceive the software, etc.  In other words, they should be
self-documenting.

Regards,
Isaac.