Re: My email is rejected by some sites

Quoting Antonio Rodr <arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com>:
> I have exim set in my sid machine, with mutt as MUA. Some isps are
> rejecting my emails. I have looked at the reason provided, it seems that
> some have blocked the ips in my block, or that they are blocking all
> dinamic ips. Some isps are accepting my emails without problems.

Yes, several ISPs reject direct SMTP connections from dialup and
dynamic IP blocks.  You can pay for a static IP or route e-mail to the
rejecting domains thru your ISP's SMTP server.  I don't know how the
latter is done in exim, but I expect it can be done.  In Postfix, the
transport mappings look like below.  You can use this list to get a
head start on your own.

weird.com       smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
renaissoft.com  smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
johnpeach.com   smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
aol.com         smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
austin.rr.com   smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
lists.studiob.com       smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
ls.studiob.com  smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
ctlug.org       smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
mailhost.cmpnet.com     smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
ercb.com        smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
sbcglobal.net   smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
sbc.com         smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
wahoo.no-ip.org smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]
atlantic.net    smtp:[smtp-server.austin.rr.com]

My ISP is austin.rr.com.  Replace the SMTP server name with your ISP's
one.  The square brackets say to not do DNS lookup of the MX record on
this address.  I am adding about 1-2 domains a month to this list.

HTH,
  Jeffrey