Re: Mutt, stop CC-ing the list

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 04:35:27PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote

> On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 03:54:44AM -0800, Tom wrote:
> > What can I do to mutt to make it stop CC-ing the list when I hit "g"
> > and only want to reply to the sender?  I always forget to check the
> > CCs before I hit Y.
>
> No.  Mutt is doing the right thing.  You are not.  Use reply-to-list
> instead.
>
> Add this to your ~/.muttrc:
>
> subscribe debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> Then just hit L when you want to reply to debian-user.

  I may be a small minority, but I view the web page at...
http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html as being harmfull.  The
maintainer of this list seems to have accepted Chip Rosenthal's advice,
so I had to fight it off.  Here's my secret, in my procmail filter...

:0 fhw
  | formail -i "Reply-To: debian-user@lists.debian.org (Debian-user list)"

  This appends a Reply-To: that undoes the damage caused by accepting,
Chip's advice.  This way, I can hit "r" when reading my "Debian-User"
folder just like with my "Inbox" folder.  The email came to me from the
list, and "r" should damn well reply to the list.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>
Email users are divided into two classes;