Re: lilo doesn't boot win

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:00:25 +0100, LeVA wrote:

> I have these lines in my /etc/lilo.conf:
>
> other=/dev/hdg1
>      label="Win"
>
> When I run 'lilo', it says:

> Added Win
>
> This hdg drive, is on the motherboard's raid controller, and I can boot
> from it, if I setup that in BIOS.
> When I select this 'Win' line in lilo (LILO version 22.5.8), I get a
> blank screen, and the system doesn't do anything. It can not boot to
> win. What could be the problem?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Windows has to be on
hda (afaik this is a limitation of Windows, not of LILO).

Below is my GRUB entry (I'm not sure if it's all necessary, but it works
for me). I'm sure some kind soul will post the corresponding lines for
LILO.

title           Windows 2000
map             (hd0) (hd1)
map             (hd1) (hd0)