Re: First time installation

Hi Kevin and Andreas,

Thanks for your advice.

X-server starts now.  But following problems still remain

1) Mouse - optical mouse
Selecting /dev/input/mice, X-server can't start
Selecting /dev/psaux, X-server starts but mouse dies.  Toggling between
'init3' and 'init5' impossible.  Had to force-reset the PC

Now I am using a PS/2 mouse instead with /dev/psaux setting

2) Cdwriter.
# ls -l /dev/cdrom   /dev/cdrom -> hda
# df
showing / = /dev/hdc2
# ln -s /dev/hdb /dev/cdrom1
# ls -l /dev/cdrom1
total 0
Edit /etc/fstab
can't mount /dev/cdwriter

I am not sure whether cdrom1 has been symbolic linked to /dev/hdb.  If
YES how to remove it to try /dev/hdd etc.

3) # shutdown -h now
is not power down.

Kindly advise how to fix these problems.  Thanks in advance.

B.R.
Stephen