Re: Installing Debian question.

Stephen Liu wrote:
Hi all folks,

Just join this list

I am going to install Debian with Disk-1 and Disk-7 on a 6G hard drive
for test purpose.  They were burnt from following Official CD images of
the "stable" releases from Debian mirror sites;

debian-30r1-i386-binary-1.iso
debian-30r1-i386-binary-7.iso

I have not downloaded other ISO CD images.  Can I install a stardard
Debian-Linux workstation only from these 2 CDs

2)
Has any folk tried install Debian from "Anaconda for Debian"?  Does it
install Debian from Internet?  If YES would it take lengthy to complete
compiling from source code similar to Gentoo?

Kindly advise.  Thanks in advance.

B.R.
Stephen Liu

Just curious: why just 1+7 and not 1+2? The docs say that 1-7 in order of importance, although also that 1+4 is the default if started from 1. E.g:
1 = multiboot
2 = vanilla - kernel 2.2 + "older HW and USB"
3 = compact - kernel 2.2 + PCI + SCSI + IDE
4 = idepci - kernel 2.2 + "for most machines"
5 = bf2.4 - kernel 2.4 + ext3 + Reiser

No word about 6+7.

Hugo.