Re: Debian ZOPE default user & passward

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 02:17:45AM -0600, John Foster wrote:
| I have been going over all of the docs to no avail Yet!! If someone
| knows what the first login user & the passward for an out of the box
| debian version install of ZOPE (sid) is please advise.Seems strange that
| this info would not be in the readme.deb.txt or some such.

Depending on which version of the package you installed, I would
expect one of the following to be true :

    1)  The installation told you to run 'zope-zpasswd' to create the
        account.

    2)  The installation contains a bug and no account was created,
        but you can still create it manually.  (this should have been
        fixed a while ago)

    3)  The installation prompted you, via debconf, for the username
        and password and set it up as you specified.

One solution is to run zope-zpasswd and (re)create the initial
"emergency" user account.

Alternatively, look in /var/lib/zope/instance/default.  There should
be a file named 'access'.  If it doesn't exist, create it with
onwership root:root, permissions 644.  With an editor, type
'user:pass' in the file.  (the password does not have to be in
cleartext; the zpasswd utility gives a couple different options for
encryption)

HTH,
-D

--
There are 10 types of people in the world:
those who understand binary, and those who do not.