Re: cannot uninstall nedit

And thus we see that Harshwardhan Nagaonkar said, :
Hey everyone,

 I am having the same problems as the bugs:
<snip>
I couldn't find the link for nedit in the "editor" alternative when I tried to remove nedit manually. ("update-alternatives --remove ...."

At the very least, I should be able to uninstall a program that I don't want! Anyone have any ideas? Both bugs are still open.

I used the patch at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=222493

for removing nedit manually (adapted the patch for nedit). Also, I wanted to remove xfwm4 too; so that worked great.

Shouldn't these bugs be closed now? If so, how can I help to make Sid more bug-free. If I am not the package maintainer, can I send an email saying that the patch is so-and-so and fix the bug?

Thanks for the help,
--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop