Re: Status of Bug Tracking System

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 11:56:58PM -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 02:06:25AM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > On 2003-12-04 06:03:33 +0900, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > > Yes, at least partially. But I have the same problem as you: I didn't
> > > receive the acknowledgments, though I've just seen that they were
> > > sent, e.g. on
> > >
> > >   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=222530&msg=2
> > >
> > > for one of my bugs. It seems that it has been lost.
> >
> > I've now received the acknowledgement.
>
> In my case, the bugs didn't show up when I looked for bug reports on
> the package.  However, I finally got confirmations, so perhaps things
> are unstuck.

bugs.debian.org had some problems coping with the backlog of mail after
service was restored, largely due to some poor mail queueing design on
our part. It's got a grip now, but I'm working on plans to make it cope
better with whatever the next flood turns out to be. Also, your mail may
have been held in queues elsewhere for a while.

Some bug reports may have been bounced during this period. If this
happened to you, or if your bug reports haven't appeared yet, now is a
good time to resubmit them.

Cheers,