Re: Moving programs into KDE menu

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 05:48:09AM -0600, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> FYI system wide is me.  I did the menu editor and that got it into the main
> KDE menu but I selected applications so I need to move it from the main menu
> to submenu applications.  How do you do that?
> Hoyt

The following will put gimp in the debian menu system:

$ mkdir  ~/.menu
$ cat > ~/.menu/gimp
?package(gimp):command="/usr/bin/gimp"              \
               icon="/usr/share/pixmaps/wilber.xpm" \
	       needs="X11"                          \
               section="Apps/Graphics"              \
	       title="The GIMP"                     \
	       hints="Bitmap"
^D
$ update-menus -v
$ (possibly restart your window manager)

You will then need to run update-menus whenever you want the debian menu
updated. (or put it in /usr/lib/menu instead of ~/.menu)

The menu entry taken from the gimp debian package.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/